POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LCDs and gamma : Re: LCDs and gamma Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LCDs and gamma
From: gonzo
Date: 24 Aug 2003 17:04:25
Message: <3f492859@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote in message
> Hmm.. thats quite a range for 2 responses.
> I believe LCDs are linear so should have a gamma of 1 but this doesn't
> seem to work for me :-/

Having never completely understood gamma on my CRT,  I'm certainly not going
to pretend to understand it on an LCD, except to say that I  don't think
they're even remotely the same.

I've finally settled on display_gamma = 1,  assumed_gamma = 1 for my CRT,
but on my girlfriends LCD it is always much brighter.  The same file on her
LCD needs assumed_gamma 1.275-1.325 to look the same.

RG